WORDS RHYMES & RHYTHM (WRR POETRY) was started by socialpreneur Kukogho Iruesiri Samson, as a social re-orientation poetry forum in August 2012.
The Words Rhymes & Rhythm movement was started following an observation that, of all genres of Literature, poetry was under appreciated in Nigeria.
Slowly, we brought together young, unpublished writers with two aims:
- To help improve the skills of young poets and give them a wider audience while showing the world the quality of young talents.
- Create an activist group that would speak about social issues; life, religion, society, politics, humanity, economy, nature, etc.
No one was too poor a poet to be featured, none was turned away.
It has been two years since that humble beginning and a lot has passed under the proverbial bridge.
From a rag tag group of poets, we became a storm, blowing across the face of the world, drawing membership from all the continents.
We are now over 30,000 members-strong, combining our platforms under the WRR GROUP:
- VerseUp! (@VerseUp!) — a community of poets fighting violence against women and children.
- WRR POETRY (@WRRPoetry) — the best of Nigerian poetry from the best Nigerian poets
- AUTHORPEDIA (@Authorpedia) — the number 1 resource blog about Nigerian writing.
- WRR COLLEGE OF POETRY (@Poetry_College) — a virtual classroom for aspiring and established poets.
Our slogan remains, rewriting the word, one healing verse at a time.
It has so far been a huge success.
Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
FOUNDER/CEO WRR GROUP
Blog: BrainyPoet Writes